Rural Development and Food Security Forum 2019 Highlights and Takeaways
This publication provides insights from the Rural Development and Food Security Forum 2019 about how a sufficient, safe, nutritious, and affordable supply of food to Asia and the Pacific’s growing population can be achieved.
The aim of the forum was to prompt governments in the region to provide the leadership and transformative change needed to generate rural prosperity and effective stewardship of land and water resources. Among the topics discussed were the farm income crisis, food insecurity and malnutrition, and rural distress and prosperity challenges. The publication presents an overview of the forum, including key takeaways.
- Welcome Remarks
- Farming Crisis
- Dysfunctional Agricultural Markets and Malnutrition
- Rural Distress
- ADB Experience and Knowledge Sharing (Focus on Gender, Climate Change, and High-Level Technology)
- Knowledge Sharing Among ADB Member Countries
- Financing Agripreneurs and Rural Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Voices from the Field: Farmers’ Experiences
- Voices from the Field: Youth Perspectives
- Closing Remarks