Advancing the K-12 Reform from the Ground: A Case Study in the Philippines
This paper describes the implementation of the Certificate in Educational Studies in Leadership (CESL) in the Philippines as a professional development initiative delivered in a customized blended learning mode.
The design principles of this promising pilot leverage on the use of technology, activation of communities of practice, and planning and implementation of context-specific transformational action projects targeted at education leaders. The authors contend that CESL fits within the leadership development ecology of the Philippine Department of Education and the National Educators Academy of the Philippines for the 21st century. As a transformative development program, CESL can be one of the many ways to jumpstart and sustain authentic education reforms.
- Introduction: The Philippine Context
- K-12 Reform and Education Leadership
- Certificate in Educational Studies in Leadership
- CESL: Professional Learning Development through Blended Learning
- CESL: Relevance, Collaboration, and a Future Focus
- Conclusion: Can CESL be Integrated into DepEd’s System