Aid for Trade in Asia and the Pacific: Promoting Connectivity for Inclusive Development
The role of Aid for Trade (AfT) in promoting the growth and tradability of services is important, given that it is a major catalyst for inclusive economic and structural transformation.
This report highlights emerging trends in AfT in the context of evolving trade performance in Asia and the Pacific. In particular, the impact of AfT on trade in services, thereby helping increase economic and job opportunities for women, and the rise of e-commerce. The report ends by considering policy implications of the experiences of geographically challenged economies of the region along the dimensions of trade costs, AfT, trade in services, and the role of the digital economy.
- Regional Trends in Aid for Trade and Trade Costs
- Trade, Inclusive Growth, and Employment for Women
- The Digital Economy and Trade Connectivity
- Aid for Trade and Services
- Promoting Connectivity in Geographically Challenged Economies of Asia and the Pacific