Effective Approaches to Poverty Reduction: Selected Cases from the Asian Development Bank
This report presents nine case studies on poverty reduction projects financed by ADB in Mongolia, Nepal, the People’s Republic of China, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, and Viet Nam.
The case studies highlight effective approaches to poverty reduction by providing broader access to economic opportunities, promoting resilience, and empowering communities through improved governance. Stories about experiences gained from the successful implementation of projects serve as examples of how to develop and adopt better policies and practices toward eradicating poverty.
- Providing Broader Access to Economic Opportunities
- Shanxi Integrated Agricultural Development Project
- Dryland Sustainable Agriculture Project
- Yunnan Integrated Road Network Development Project
- Surkhandarya Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Promoting Resilience
- Food and Nutrition Social Welfare Program and Project
- Social Protection Support Project
- Lower Secondary Education for the Most Disadvantaged Regions Project
- Empowering Communities Through Improved Governance
- Strengthening Public Management Program
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Line of Credit Project
- Concluding Remarks