Article 6 of the Paris Agreement: Piloting for Enhanced Readiness
This publication outlines the rationale for and benefits of piloting activities for Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
It emphasizes the need for testing alternate approaches and sharing of experiences. Article 6 provides for voluntary international cooperation that may facilitate the use of market-based approaches to help countries achieve their nationally determined contributions and enable greater gains. Pilot activities in developing member countries of the Asian Development Bank can help Asia and the Pacific develop capacity, readiness, and awareness on using Article 6 and participating in international carbon markets.
- Executive Summary
- The Paris Agreement and Nationally Determined Contributions
- The Paris Agreement
- Nationally Determined Contributions
- The Ambition Cycle
- Overview of International Cooperation in the Nationally DeterminedContributions
- Article 6 of the Paris Agreement
- Rationale of Doing Pilot Activities
- Learning by Doing
- Contribution of Pilot Activities to Operationalizing Article 6
- Pilot Activities in Asia and the Pacific
- Center of the Action: Piloting Article 6 in Asia and the Pacific
- Considerations for Pilots in Asia and the Pacific