ASEAN+3 Bond Market Guide 2017: Lao People's Democratic Republic
This report is an outcome of the support and contributions of ASEAN+3 Bond Market Forum members and experts, particularly from the Lao PDR. A highlight of this guide is an update on the development of the country’s securities
The purpose of this Bond Market Guide is to provide an update to current and future domestic, regional, and international market participants on the tremendous developments in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) securities market since the first publication of the Bond Market Guide in 2012.
About the ASEAN+3 Bond Market Guide
ASEAN+3 Bond Market Guide is a comprehensive explanation of the region’s bond markets. It provides information such as the history, legal and regulatory framework, specific characteristics of the market, trading and transaction (including settlement systems), and other relevant information. The Bond Market Guide 2017 for Lao PDR is an outcome of comments and contributions of ASEAN+3 Bond Market Forum members and experts, particularly in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. The report should be recognized as a collective good to support bond market development among ASEAN+3 members.
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Characteristics of the Lao PDR Bond Market
- Bond and Note Transactions and Trading Market Infrastructure
- Description of the Securities Settlement System
- Bond Market Costs and Taxation
- Market Size and Statistics
- Presence of an Islamic Bond Market
- Lao PDR Bond Market Challenges and Opportunities
- Recent Developments and Future Direction