The Inter-Bank Bond Market in the People’s Republic of China: An ASEAN+3 Bond Market Guide
This edition focuses on the China Inter-Bank Bond Market (CIBM), which is the largest bond market segment in the People's Republic of China.
The CIBM is one of only two bond markets in the country that are accessible to foreign investment; the other being the Exchange Bond Market. The legal and regulatory frameworks, features, challenges, and opportunities for the CIBM are outlined here. This edition is part the ASEAN+3 Bond Market Guide series that provides country-specific information on the investment climate, rules, laws, opportunities, and characteristics of local bond markets in Asia and the Pacific.
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Inter-Bank Bond Market Characteristics
- Bond and Note Transactions and Trading Market Infrastructure
- Description of the Securities Settlement System
- Fees and Taxation in the Inter-Bank Bond Market
- Market Size and Statistics
- Presence of an Islamic Bond Market
- Challenges and Opportunities in the Inter-Bank Bond Market
- Recent Developments and Future Direction