Asia Bond Monitor – March 2021
SHARE THIS PAGE
This edition reviews financial conditions in East Asia and risk implications to the global economic recovery, including the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine rollouts and liquidity conditions in regional bond markets.
Emerging East Asia’s local currency bond market rose to an aggregate size of $20.1 trillion at the end of December 2020. Buoyed by a better economic outlook, financial conditions improved. Environmental, social, and governance bonds in ASEAN+3 markets also grew to over $265 billion. Meanwhile, the AsianBonds Online annual bond market liquidity survey results showed liquidity conditions diverged across regional markets in 2020.
- Global and Regional Market Developments
- Bond Market Developments in the Fourth Quarter of 2020
- Policy and Regulatory Developments
- Environmental, Social, and Governance Bonds in ASEAN+3
- Social Bonds—Recent Developments and Trends
- AsianBondsOnline 2020 Bond Market Liquidity Survey
- Market Summaries
- China, People’s Republic of
- Hong Kong, China
- Korea, Republic of
- Viet Nam