Asia Bond Monitor – November 2020
This edition highlights trends in emerging East Asian local currency bond markets and explores bank efficiency and financing for a sustainable recovery.
The publication discusses the importance of green and social finance in ensuring a sustainable recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. It also investigates the link between bond market development and bank efficiency. It finds that banks become more profit-efficient but less cost-efficient in economies with relatively more developed bond markets.
- Executive Summary
- Global and Regional Market Developments
- Bond Market Developments in the Third Quarter of 2020
- Policy and Regulatory Developments
- Financing a Sustainable Recovery
- Bank Efficiency and Bond Markets: Evidence from Asia and the Pacific
- Market Summaries
- China, People’s Republic of
- Hong Kong, China
- Korea, Republic of
- Viet Nam