Asia Bond Monitor – November 2021
SHARE THIS PAGE
This edition sets out recent developments in East Asian local currency bond markets and discusses the region's economic outlook, the risk of another taper tantrum, and price differences between labeled and unlabeled green bonds.
Emerging East Asia's local currency (LCY) bond markets expanded to an aggregate USD21.7 trillion at the end of September 2021, posting growth of 3.4% quarter-on-quarter, up from 2.9% in the previous quarter. LCY bond issuance rose 6.8% quarter-on-quarter to USD2.4 trillion in Q3 2021. Sustainable bond markets in ASEAN+3 also continued to expand to reach a size of USD388.7 billion at the end of September.
- Executive Summary
- Global and Regional Market Developments
- Bond Market Developments in the Third Quarter of 2021
- Recent Developments in ASEAN+3 Sustainable Bond Markets
- Policy and Regulatory Developments
- Price Differences Between Labeled and Unlabeled Green Bonds
- Market Summaries
- China, People’s Republic of
- Hong Kong, China
- Korea, Republic of
- Viet Nam