Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Report 2019: Bridging Trade Finance Gaps through Technology
SHARE THIS PAGE
The report reviews trade facilitation progress in Asia and the Pacific and explores how technology can help bridge trade finance gaps.
Trade facilitation initiatives can make an important contribution to economic growth and poverty reduction by lowering trade costs and increasing trade flows. This report reviews trade facilitation progress in the region, including recent trends in paperless trade and transit facilitation and the impact of trade facilitation initiatives on trade costs. It also features a special chapter on how trade finance gaps—especially prevalent for small and medium-sized enterprises—can be bridged by technology, and the supporting policies and actions required to make this happen.
- Digital and Sustainable Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- Trade Costs and Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific: State of Play
- Impact of Trade Facilitation on Trade Costs
- Conclusion and Way Forward
- Theme Chapter: Bridging Trade Finance Gaps through Technology
- The Trade Finance Market
- Unmet Demand and Key Challenges in the Trade Finance Market
- Opportunities in Trade Finance: The Role of Technology
- Conclusion and Policy Considerations