Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor 2021: Volume I–Country and Regional Reviews
The Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor provides data and analysis as a resource for evidence-based policy design. This year's edition focuses on South Asia.
This first volume reviews micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) at the country and regional levels. It covers Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, and examines MSME development, access to finance, and policies and regulations. It notes that revitalizing MSMEs by channeling more growth capital to them will be key to a resilient economic recovery from the pandemic. It highlights opportunities in formalizing MSMEs and connecting them to international markets, expanding digital skills, fostering technology-based start-ups, and supporting youth and women entrepreneurs.
- Rationale and Methodology
- Regional Review: South Asia
- Country Reviews
- Sri Lanka
- Appendix: Regional Data Tables
Also in this Series
- Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor 2022: Volume I—Country and Regional Reviews
- Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor 2022: Volume II—The Russian Invasion of Ukraine and Its Impact on Small Firms in Central and West Asia
- Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor 2021: Volume IV—Pilot SME Development Index: Applying Probabilistic Principal Component Analysis