Asia Water Watch 2015: Are Countries in Asia on Track to Meet Target 10 of the Millennium Development Goals?
This report assesses the region's prospects of reaching Target 10 of the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
Into the countdown to 2015, what progress does the Asia and Pacific region register in meeting Millennium Development Goal (MDG)Target 10? What more is required? How will meeting MDG Target 10 advance countries toward achieving all eight MDGs?
This report offers answers to these questions. Prepared by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and World Health Organization (WHO), it uses the latest data available to measure each country's progress toward MDG Target 10 and analyzes whether it will be achieved. The results show a mixed picture. Some countries have already met the target; others are on track; others are likely to miss it in 2015. Some countries even show a decrease in coverage.
- Setting the Scene: Water, Poverty, and the MDGs
- Water Supply Coverage: Progress and Prospects
- Sanitation Coverage: Progress and Prospects
- Meeting Target 10: How Much Will It Cost?
- Maximizing Target 10: Reaping the Full Social and Economic Benefits
- Defining the Challenges: Where Change is Needed
- Meeting the Challenges: Who Should Do What?