Asian Economic Integration Report 2019/2020: Demographic Change, Productivity, and the Role of Technology
SHARE THIS PAGE
This report reviews economic cooperation and integration in Asia and the Pacific and looks at how technology could boost productivity in aging economies.
This publication examines trade and global value chains, cross-border investment, financial integration, the movement of people, and subregional cooperation.
The theme chapter of this year’s report explores the potential of technology to boost productivity in aging economies. It discusses how countries can promote and adopt innovations to turn demographic challenges into opportunities. The report covers the 49 member countries of ADB in Asia and the Pacific.
- By adopting the right technology and policies, aging populations could be a boon to economies in the Asia and the Pacific region. – ADB Report
- Regional economic cooperation remains strong in Asia and the Pacific providing a buffer against the effects of global trade tensions. – ADB Report
- Asia and the Pacific share of intraregional trade by value remained at a robust 57.5% of global trade for 2018. – ADB Report
- Trade and Global Value Chains
- Cross-Border Investment
- Financial Integration
- Movement of People
- Subregional Cooperation Initiatives
- Theme Chapter: Demographic Change, Productivity, and the Role of Technology
- Statistical Appendix