Asian Economic Integration Report 2021: Making Digital Platforms Work for Asia and the Pacific
This publication examines the initial impact on trade, investment, finance, and people’s mobility as the coronavirus disease pandemic struck Asia and the Pacific.
The outbreak in 2020 disrupted both supply and demand sides of an interconnected world economy. Asia and the Pacific was not immune as lockdowns and travel and trade restrictions affected nearly all aspects of cross-border economic activity. The Asian Economic Integration Report 2021 looks at how regional economies individually or collectively respond to the crisis by, for example, leveraging rapid technological progress and digitalization as well as increasing services trade to reconnect and recover. The theme chapter focuses on digital platforms and how they can accelerate digital transformation across the region.
- Managing Globalization and Regional Integration Post-COVID-19
- Trade and Global Value Chains: The Challenging Trade Environment and Changing Global Value Chain Landscape
- Cross-Border Investment: Riding the Pandemic Tide in Cross-Border Investment
- Financial Integration: Heightened Financial Vulnerabilities amid the Pandemic
- Movement of People: People Mobility Hampered by the Pandemic and Virus Containment Measures
- Asia-Pacific Regional Cooperation and Integration Index: Regional Integration Moving Ahead as Measured by Integration Index
- Updates on Subregional Cooperation Initiatives
- Theme Chapter: Making Digital Platforms Work for Asia and the Pacific
- Statistical Appendix