Assam as India’s Gateway to ASEAN
This publication outlines the potential of Assam in northeast India to increase multimodal connectivity and regional trade with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as well as Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal.
The geostrategic location of Assam offers opportunities for enhancing regional and cross-border trade and developing economic corridors between India and regional neighbors in Southeast Asia. This builds on the vision for Assam to follow an outward-looking growth strategy and become a $75 billion economy by 2025. The vision is also geared toward ensuring that both the state and the country remain committed toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Setting the Context
- Potential Manufacturing Locations
- Manufacturing and Services
- Agribusiness, Bamboo, and Tea
- Multimodal Transport Corridors
- Urban Development
- Energy Infrastructure
- Assessment of the Investment Climate in Assam
- Assessment of Cross-Border Trade Potential for Assam
- Key Takeaways and Action Points