Bangladesh–ADB 50 Years of Partnership: Building a Prosperous, Inclusive, Resilient, and Sustainable Future
SHARE THIS PAGE
This book celebrates the 50-year partnership between Bangladesh and ADB and explores how they have worked together to reduce poverty, develop the country’s rural and private sectors, and target inclusive, sustainable development.
It explains how the partnership has evolved since its 1973 inception and details its major achievements including improving health, education, and infrastructure. ADB has so far provided $50 billion to Bangladesh including cofinancing. It shows how ADB is now helping boost investment, close the gender gap, make cities more livable, and tackle climate change as Bangladesh sets its sights on becoming a resilient, developed nation by 2041.
- Bangladesh–ADB 50 Years of Partnership: An Executive Summary
- Evolution of a Partnership
- Sector Achievements
- Transport Connectivity
- Water Supply and Other Urban Infrastructure and Services
- Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development
- Finance and Public Management
- Crosscutting Assistance
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Private Sector
- Nongovernment Organizations
- Bangladesh's Path to Prosperity