How Better Regulation Can Shape the Future of Indonesia's Electricity Sector
This report proposes a new independent regulatory body for Indonesia’s electricity sector, in particular for investment planning, procurement, tariff setting, and electrification.
A situational analysis and review of stakeholder opinions strongly indicates that the current decision-making structures in the electricity sector of Indonesia are inadequate. The report explains the current context and issues in operations and processes. It provides guidance on how an effective regulatory body can be established, including key tasks, legal aspects, and market design.
- Summary and Recommendations
- Electricity Regulators: A General Overview
- Legal Circumstances for an Electricity Regulatory Body in Indonesia
- Key Tasks for an Indonesian Electricity Regulatory Body
- Establishing the Indonesian Electricity Regulatory Body
- Market Design