Between-Country Disparities in MDGs: The Asia and Pacific Region
This paper represents an early attempt to study cross-country disparities in 25 Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), with a special emphasis on health-related MDGs.
This paper explores disparities in Millennium Development Goals among countries in the Asia and Pacific region, with a special emphasis on health Millennium Development Goals. It provides estimates on the extent of these disparities and depicts their trends. More importantly, sources or causes of the disparities are quantified and policy implications are discussed.
- Data and Methodological Issues
- MDG Disparities: Preliminary Data Analyses
- Causes of MDG Disparities
- Convergence or Divergence?
- Summary and Policy Implications