Big Data for Better Tourism Policy, Management, and Sustainable Recovery from COVID-19
This joint publication explores how big data and digitalization can support sustainable tourism development and help revitalize and reshape the sector as it emerges from the pandemic.
The report, co-published with the World Tourism Organization, examines trends, challenges and opportunities in the use of big data in tourism. It highlights the need for investment in big data systems, partnerships with private and public sector big data providers, the adoption of proven measurement systems for sustainable tourism, and regional policy cooperation. Case studies from Asia and the Pacific illustrate ways of tapping big data in tourism development.
- What is Tourism Big Data?
- How Governments Are Using the Tourism Big Data?
- Big Data Challenges and Limitations
- Using Big Data for Recovery and Regional Cooperation in Tourism
- Big Data for Sustainable Tourism Recovery
- Conclusion and Policy Recommendations
- Appendix: Skills Required for Big Data Collection and Analysis