BIMSTEC Trade Facilitation Strategic Framework 2030
This report outlines nontariff barriers to trade between BISMSTEC subregion countries and shows how a structured approach centered on boosting compliance, harnessing technology, and improving infrastructure can bolster intraregional trade.
It gives a run-down of the trade infrastructure and regulations of each member country–Thailand, India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Nepal–outlines the constraints each faces and details progress made to date. Explaining how the region is recovering from the pandemic, it shows how factors such as faster clearing, stronger mutual agreements, and greater automation can streamline trade between the countries and spur economic growth.
- Executive Summary
- Expanding the Scope of Trade Facilitation
- Trade Facilitation Agreements
- Trade Facilitation Issues in the BIMSTEC Region
- Structure, Content, and Monitoring Mechanisms of the Strategic Framework
- BIMSTEC Trade Facilitation Strategic Framework 2030