CAREC 2030: Supporting Regional Actions to Address Climate Change—A Scoping Study
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication presents a comprehensive overview of the potential impact of climate change on Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) member countries. It assesses and recommends how CAREC member countries can collaborate to address climate change issues through regional cooperation.
The report's overarching conclusion is that CAREC has a unique and urgent opportunity to chart a course of proactive, systematic, and strategic engagement in supporting its member countries in reinforcing, modifying, and implementing existing national strategies on climate change mitigation and adaptation, and in developing a range of regional actions in response to the regional nature of many climate change impacts and solutions.
- The Framework and Structure for the Scoping Study
- The Context: Climate Trends in the CAREC Region, and Subregional and Country-Specific Challenges
- Core Climate Change Issues and Actions for the CAREC Region
- Crosscutting Climate Change Issues and Actions for the CAREC Region
- On the Horizon: Climate Change Issues for the CAREC Region
- Policy Response at National and Regional Levels
- Approach of CAREC to Climate Change to Date
- Future Directions for CAREC