Promoting Regional Tourism Cooperation under CAREC 2030: A Scoping Study
This study seeks to assess the potential of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program as a platform to promote a regional approach to tourism development.
It suggests this could be done through the identification of opportunities for enhancing and expanding cooperation among member countries in the tourism sector and by maximizing economic opportunities while safeguarding ecosystems. Promoting cooperation in the tourism sector is one of the operational priorities under the CAREC 2030 Strategy. Tourism is also recognized as an effective way of helping developing countries take part in the global economy and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Executive Summary
- Current State of Tourism and Future Prospects
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis
- Building on Strengths and Capturing Opportunities
- Addressing Weaknesses and Challenges
- Identification of Regional Tourism Cooperation Opportunities
- CAREC Regional Tourism Cooperation: Recommendations