CAREC Road Safety Engineering Manual 2: Safer Road Works
SHARE THIS PAGE
This manual explains how to provide safer road worksites in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) countries. Road authorities are encouraged to refer to it for road works in all contract documents and specifications.
This manual explains good practices for roadwork sites, offering clear and simple guidance for CAREC road authorities to use to improve road safety at these sites for road users and workers alike. It offers information about the six-zone process, how to plan and implement a traffic management plan, and how to manage a safe worksite. This manual is essential reading for project managers, designers, supervision consultants, contractors, works supervisors and others who have a responsibility for safe worksites.
About the CAREC Road Safety Engineering Manuals
The series of road safety engineering manuals of the CAREC Program came from the endorsement of the CAREC Road Safety Strategy 2017-2030 by member countries. The strategy supports and encourages CAREC authorities to plan, design, construct, and maintain safe roads.
- Purpose of this Manual
- Managing Risk and Planning for Safety
- Designing a Traffic Management Plan
- Implementing a Traffic Management Plan
- Operating a Traffic Management Plan
- Closing Out
- Devices for Use at Road Worksite
- Standard Layouts for Traffic Management Plans
- Helpful Tips for Safety Officers
- Instructions for Traffic Controllers
- Glossary of Terms