CAREC Road Safety Engineering Manual 5: Star Ratings for Road Safety Audit
This manual sets out how to combine road safety audits with the International Road Assessment Programme methodology in a star ratings system.
This system, Star Ratings for Road Safety Audits, will help policy makers and practitioners involved in designing, upgrading, and rehabilitating roads to meet safety targets and reduce injuries from traffic accidents.
About the CAREC Road Safety Engineering Manuals
The series of road safety engineering manuals of the CAREC Program came from the endorsement of the CAREC Road Safety Strategy 2017-2030 by member countries. The strategy supports and encourages CAREC authorities to plan, design, construct, and maintain safe roads.
- Purpose of This Manual
- The Safe System Approach
- What Are Road Safety Audits?
- What Is the International Road Assessment Programme Methodology?
- Why Link Road Safety Audits and the International Road Assessment Programme Methodology?
- Safety Performance Targets
- When Should SR4RSA Be Used?
- How Can Road Safety Audits Be Integrated with the International Road Assessment Programme Methodology?
- Worked Examples to Illustrate the Approaches for SR4RSA
- What Is Situational Scrutiny?
- Engaging with Stakeholders
- Collecting Data during Site Inspections
- SR4RSA and Existing Road Assessments
- Training and Competencies
- Sample Terms of Reference for Audit Team