The Challenges of Doing Business in Papua New Guinea
This report describes the results of a 2007 survey of 243 businesses in Papua New Guinea.
This report summarizes the results of an extensive survey of the business community on the challenges of doing business in Papua New Guinea. It finds that despite some improvement in the business environment, progress since a similar survey was conducted in 2002 has been disappointing. Many of the issues identified then still have a negative impact on investment and entrepreneurship. To ensure that the current resource boom is translated into sustainable prosperity, substantial reform is needed.
- Summary of the Findings
- The Survey Sample
- Methodology and Themes Surveyed
- Political Uncertainty
- Business Security
- Government Regulations and Policies
- Business-Government Relationships
- Infrastructure and Public Services
- Constraints to Business and Investment
- Comparison with the Findings of the Private Sector Assessment
- Policy Reform