Identifying Challenges and Improving Trade Facilitation in the States of Northeast India
SHARE THIS PAGE
The paper focuses on 19 border points in northeast India and identifies challenges that include infrastructure bottlenecks, limited capacity to comply with trade procedures, and lack of coordinated trade and transport policies across borders. It suggests ways of developing the area’s participation in regional value chains in South and Southeast Asia.
- Identification of Priority Border Points
- State and Challenges of Trade Facilitation
- Role of Off-Border Clearance, Border Towns, and Border Haats
- Policies and Initiatives Governing Trade Facilitation in the Northeast of India
- Conclusion: Key Interventions