Financing Climate-Friendly Cooling at City Scale
Publication | March 2023
This paper explores how greener refrigeration and air-conditioning could be provided at city scale.
Refrigeration and air-conditioning are major contributors to climate change, and demand for them is growing. Crucial obstacles to climate-friendly cooling solutions in developing countries in Asia are the lack of accessible and affordable financing and insufficient project scale. This paper discusses a variety of financing instruments and business models and presents an integrated model for financing city-scale green cooling. The model could help roll out green cooling solutions at a scale large enough to attract investors and to reduce transaction costs through standardized implementation.
- Impact of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration on Climate Change
- Policies and Standards for Promoting Green Cooling
- City-Scale Green Cooling Deployment
- Financing Mechanisms
- Contract and Business Models
- Investment De-risking Strategies
- An Innovative Model for Financing City-Scale Green Cooling Deployment
Also in this Series
- Critical Issues for Fiscal Reform in the People’s Republic of China Part 2: Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations and Debt Management
- Designing a Grid-Connected Battery Energy Storage System: Case Study of Mongolia
- Geographical Proximity and Trade Impacts in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program Region