Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Climate Litigation in Asia and the Pacific and Beyond
Report 2 contains a comprehensive review of the growing number and variety of climate lawsuits in Asia and the Pacific. It underscores the unique flavor and voice of regional jurisprudence and compares it with global approaches.
Climate change in Asia and the Pacific is deadly and impacts communities now. The report details why and how regional climate litigation seeks relief in increasingly urgent ways. It is the second in the four-part series that ADB produced in recognition of the inevitability of increased litigation in the era of climate change.
- Executive Summary
- Rights-Based Litigation against Governments
- Permitting and Judicial Review
- Cases against Private Entities
- People Who are Vulnerable to Climate Change
- Transboundary Litigation
Also in this Series
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Report Series Purpose and Introduction to Climate Science
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: National Climate Change Legal Frameworks in Asia and the Pacific
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: International Climate Change Legal Frameworks