Compendium of Best Practices in Road Asset Management
Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program member countries share best practices in road asset management, which aims to optimize economic benefits by minimizing maintenance and road user costs.
This compendium presents the best practices for the introduction and development of road asset management based on a desk review of the experiences in the 11 member countries of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program. These best practices reflect common problems the different CAREC member countries face, and the most successful solutions in the development of road asset management applied by CAREC and non-CAREC countries. This compendium also provides a general introduction to the concept of road asset management and presents an overview of its status in each CAREC country.
- What Is Road Asset Management?
- Best Practices
- Limit the Data to be Collected
- Make the Database Easy to Use
- Start with Simple Software
- Institutionalize from the Start
- Publish Annual Performance Statistics
- Integrate into Decision-Making Processes
- Provide Sufficient and Predictable Funding
- Separate Management from Implementation
- Ensure High-Level Support
- Continue Development Support
- Develop the Works Implementation Capacity
- Country Status Reports
- People’s Republic of China
- Kyrgyz Republic