Connecting Bangladesh: Economic Corridor Network
SHARE THIS PAGE
Economic corridors are anchored on transport corridors, and international experience suggests that the higher the level of connectivity within and across countries, the higher the level of economic growth.
In this paper, a new set of corridors is being proposed for Bangladesh—a nine-corridor comprehensive integrated multimodal economic corridor network. This paper presents the initial results of the research undertaken as an early step of that development effort. It recommends an integrated approach to developing economic corridors in Bangladesh that would provide a strong economic foundation for the construction of world-class infrastructure that, in turn, could support the growth of local enterprises and attract foreign investment.
- Recent Economic Developments in Bangladesh and Future Prospects
- Transport Infrastructure Development in Bangladesh
- Methodology for the Development, Management, and Maintenance of Integrated Economic Corridors
- Prioritization of Investments: Identifying Priority Corridors and Sections
- Report Findings and Conclusions