COVID-19 and Water in Asia and the Pacific: Guidance Note
This guidance note assesses how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted the water sector in Asia and the Pacific and what can be done to drive its recovery and rejuvenation.
The guidance note focuses on how service providers in the region—particular those involved in supply, sanitation, and wastewater treatment—have been affected by COVID-19 and the response measures they have undertaken. It also identifies potential pathways to shape a post-pandemic recovery for the sector and the role of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in supporting this. The guidance note is one of a series produced by ADB for key sectors and thematic areas.
- Executive Summary
- Introduction and Purpose of the Guidance Note
- Response Phase: How the Sector has Felt and Reacted to the Pandemic
- Recovery Phase: Priorities for Pandemic Exit Strategy
- “New Normal” Phase: Building Back a Better Water Sector
- Potential ADB Support and Way Forward