Decoding Article 6 of the Paris Agreement Version II
This publication presents the latest developments and unresolved issues for negotiations on Article 6 of the Paris Agreement leading up to the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties in Glasgow.
Article 6 enables countries to utilize market and nonmarket approaches to achieve their nationally determined contributions. Yet, international negotiations on Article 6 are complex and ongoing. The Parties of the Paris Agreement have made progress on many issues, but contentious matters on political and technical aspects remain unresolved.
- Articles 6.2 and 6.3: Negotiation Issues
- Article 6.4: Negotiation Issues
- Article 6.8: Negotiation Issues
- Relation with Other Issues
- Road to the 26th Session of the Conference of the Parties