Disaster Displacement in Asia and the Pacific: A Business Case for Investment in Prevention and Solutions
This report provides the latest evidence on the scale and impacts of disaster displacement in Asia and the Pacific and outlines durable solutions for prevention, response, and recovery.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$31.00 (paperback)
Globally, Asia and the Pacific is the region most affected by disaster displacement. Each year, the lives of millions of people are disrupted by disasters and the scale of displacement is increasing. This report—jointly produced by ADB and the Internal Displacement Monitoring Center—aims to inform policy measures and practical actions to prevent, reduce, and better manage displacement risks. Among the solutions identified are opportunities to bolster community resilience and the explicit inclusion of displacement in urban planning, risk governance, and social protection.
- Definitions, Methodological Considerations, and Caveats
- Internal Displacement Trends in Asia and the Pacific (2010–2021)
- Measuring the Social and Economic Impacts of Disaster Displacement in Asia and the Pacific
- Understanding Displacement in Disaster Prevention, Response, and Recovery
- Addressing Disaster Displacement: Progress in Policy and the Way Forward