E-Commerce in CAREC Countries: Infrastructure Development
This technical study examines the state of e-commerce infrastructure among CAREC countries looking at internet payment systems, delivery, and logistics infrastructure.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$30.00 (paperback)
Digital trade promotion has been a long-standing priority for member countries of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program to support their integration into global value chains and economic diversification. The study underscores the importance of enabling legislation, digital literacy, and creation of trust. Comprehensive strategy; adequate data for policy making; and support for e-commerce ecosystems, industry associations, and start-ups could nurture e-commerce markets. In addition, CAREC countries must leverage international and regional initiatives to expand domestic and cross-border e-commerce and promote digital trade.
- Executive Summary
- Internet Infrastructure
- Logistics and Delivery
- E-commerce Market in CAREC Countries
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- 52011-001: Implementing the Integrated Trade Agenda in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- 53159-001: Better Customs for Better Client Services in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Countries
- ADB’s focus on regional cooperation and integration
- ADB's focus on digital technology
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program