Earth Observation for a Transforming Asia and Pacific
Satellite-based environmental information are innovative solutions that can provide new ways for ADB to serve and address development challenges.
This report summarizes results of the initiative Earth Observation for a Transforming Asia and Pacific (EOTAP), that brought together the European Space Agency (ESA) and ADB to promote and demonstrate satellite Earth Observation in support of ADB’s investments in its developing member countries (DMCs).
In ADB’s context, satellite-based environmental information falls under innovative solutions that are finding new ways for ADB to serve and address development challenges. Through this initiative, ADB increases its cooperation with specialized technical agencies, leading to strengthened capacity among its staff and in its DMCs to better exploit the potential of satellite-based geo-information. ADB is committed to seeing the successful deployment of this technology replicated on a broader scale in the longer-term.
- Project A: Integrated Rural Development in Uzbekistan
- Project B: Secondary Cities Urban Development in Armenia
- Project C: Climate-Resilient Rural Livelihoods in Mongolia
- Project D: Increasing Climate Resilience in Tonga
- Project E: Transport Sector Climate Proofing in Timor-Leste
- Project F: Transport Infrastructure Assessment in Papua New Guinea
- Project G: Collecting Transport Infrastructure Intelligence in Asia and the Pacific
- Project H: Disaster Risk Assessment in Bangladesh
- Project I: Supporting Hydropower Development in Viet Nam
- Project J: River Basin Flood Management in Indonesia
- Project K: Urban Services Improvement in Mandalay, Myanmar
- Project L: Urban Environment and Climate Change Adaptation in Viet Nam