East Meets West: Asia-Netherlands Water Learning Week 2015
The learning theme for the event focused on water-related disasters and climate change, managing vulnerability and risks within the Asia and Pacific region. This publication presents highlights from the event.
The Asia–Netherlands Water Learning Week is an innovative, 5-day intensive, experiential learning week for government water leaders from Asia, staff from Asian Development Bank and UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, and experts from the Government of the Netherlands. Together, they work on some of the region’s toughest water problems and challenges with project design and implementation. The initiative is financed by the Government of the Netherlands through the Netherlands Trust Fund.
- About Asia-Netherlands Water Learning Week
- 2015 Learning Theme
- Questions for Collaborative Learning
- What's at Stake
- 2015 Learning Projects
- Synthesis of Selected Case Studies
- Bangladesh: Learning to Build with Nature
- Indonesia: Learning to Beat Back the Floods with Planning and Participation
- Pakistan: Learning Transformational Development
- Viet Nam: Learning Irrigation Modernization with New Market Players
- Itinerary Highlights