Ecological Civilization in the People’s Republic of China: Values, Action, and Future Needs
Publication | December 2019
This paper explores aspects of ecological civilization in the People’s Republic of China, focusing on its significance, challenges, and opportunities for development.
Ecological civilization is being used by the People’s Republic of China to provide a coherent conceptual framework for adjustments to development that meets 21st century challenges. This paper focuses on its significance as a concept, the challenges for applying it widely as a catalyst for reform and progress, and the strategic opportunities for its use in transformative change toward a new relationship between people and nature.
- Need for Transformative Action: Globally, Nationally, and Locally
- Significance of Sustainable Development and Ecological Civilization Language
- Transition Challenges and Opportunities
- Ecological Civilization as a Catalyst for Reform and Progress
- Leverage Potential of Ecological Civilization Initiatives
- Ecological Civilization beyond the People's Republic of China