An Enduring Partnership: The Maldives and the Asian Development Bank
This publication documents the work of the Asian Development Bank in the Maldives since the partnership began in 1978.
The Asian Development Bank has partnered with the Government of the Maldives since 1978 to help in the country’s development. The partnership has yielded substantial improvements in various sectors of the economy, with particular emphasis on tax administration; energy development; maritime transport; regional development; micro, small, and medium-sized enterprise development; and economic policy and public financial management, among others. As the country continues to make impressive gains in attaining its economic and social goals, the Asian Development Bank stands ready to work together with the Maldives to help fulfill its development objectives.
- Message from the Minister of Finance and Treasury - Government of the Maldives
- Message from the Vice-President (Operations 1)
- The Power of a Shared Vision
- Nature’s Power and Nature’s Threat: Tsunami Emergency Assistance
- Connecting with Bowlines and Lifelines: Transport and ICT
- Harvesting the Riches: Industry and Trade
- Powering Ahead: Energy
- A Healthy and Thriving Environment: Multisector Services
- Managing for the Common Good: Public Sector
- Ensuring a Good Future: Education
- From Challenges to Opportunities