Energy Efficiency in South Asia: Opportunities for Energy Sector Transformation
This report reviews the energy landscape in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka with the aim of supporting improved energy efficiency in these countries and the rest of South Asia.
Key sectors with the potential for significant energy reduction are identified for Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. The report analyzes the growth of energy consumption in each of the five countries as well as their major energy efficiency institutional arrangements, policies, initiatives and programs. Opportunities to enhance regional cooperation in energy efficiency and conservation in South Asia are also explored.
- Executive Summary
- Review of the Energy Situation and Energy Efficiency in South Asian Countries
- Growth in Energy Consumption: What Role Have Energy Efficiency and Other Factors Played?
- The Energy Efficiency Gap and Energy Saving Potential
- Implications of Energy Reduction Targets
- Energy Efficiency-Related Institutional Arrangements
- Energy Efficiency Policies, Initiatives, and Programs
- Regional Cooperation on Energy Efficiency and Energy Conservation