Every Drop Counts: Learning from Good Practices in Eight Asian Cities
"...this report shows conclusively that securing world-class urban water solutions in Asia is eminently doable..."
- Arjun Thapan, Special Senior Advisor (Infrastructure and Water), Office of the President, Asian Development Bank
This report summarizes the good practices that were culled from a case study series on successful Asian water utilities. The case studies presented objective, accurate, and critical analyses of urban water management practices in eight Asian cities over a 10-year period. Other local leaders throughout the developing world can use these cases to help craft their own solutions, taking into account specific local circumstances. What is most important for cities is to find some common base elements for success and then replicate these, albeit with appropriate modifications, to suit their own special conditions.
- Leadership for Aligning Frameworks and Institutions
- Efficient and Effective Service Delivary
- Financial and Human Resources Management
- Gearing for the Future: A Framework for Success