Financial Instruments to Strengthen Women’s Economic Resilience to Climate Change and Disaster Risks
This publication explores good practices in the use of financial instruments to enhance women’s economic resilience to disasters caused by natural hazard events and extreme weather conditions.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$23.00 (paperback)
Gender inequalities and limited access to resources constrain women's ability to withstand and recover from financial shocks and economic distress arising from disasters. The publication provides recommendations for policy makers and regulators, development partners, and financial service providers on facilitating the development, design, and promotion of financial products and services to address this issue. It emphasizes the importance of financial inclusion and identifies distribution channels to ensure that low-income women have access to these financial products and services.
- Executive Summary
- Building Economic Resilience to Disaster through Financial Inclusion: The Nexus
- Women and Financial Inclusion: A Brief Overview
- Financial Instruments to Increase Women’s Economic Resilience to Disasters
- Leveraging Digital Technology
- Conclusion and Recommendations