Fintech to Enable Development, Investment, Financial Inclusion, and Sustainability: Conference Highlights
Publication | May 2021
This publication outlines discussions from two international conferences in 2020 on digital financial technologies (Fintech) and their potential to advance inclusive and sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific.
The region continues to face challenges in financial development, including credit constraints, a lack of financial inclusion, and long-term investment gaps. These challenges have grown amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. This publication highlights the potential of Fintech to tackle these challenges and help mitigate the impact of the pandemic. It draws on a conference on Fintech and discussions held as part of the 33rd Australasian Finance and Banking Conference.
- Day 1
- Opening Session
- Keynote Session
- Paper Session 1: Fintech and Financial Development: An Overview
- Day 2
- Paper Session 2: Leveraging Fintech to Promote Financial Inclusion and Sustainable Development
- Day 3
- Paper Session 3: Fintech Case Studies in Asia
- 33rd Australasian Finance and Banking Conference
- Keynote Address: Leveraging Fintech for a Strong Post-COVID-19 Recovery in Asia
- ADB–Institute of Global Finance Session: Financial Technology and Innovation for Financial Efficiency
- ADB–Institute of Global Finance Session: Financial Technology for Inclusive and Sustainable Investment