Policies for High Quality, Safe, and Sustainable Food Supply in the Greater Mekong Subregion
The book presents research into the production of safe, high quality, and environmentally friendly agriculture products in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
It also explores the actions and policy options that could be pursued. Three themes are examined: (i) improving food safety and quality; (ii) inclusive and sustainable, safe and environment-friendly agriculture products; and (iii) value chains for safe and environment-friendly agriculture products. This aligns with the ASEAN Economic Community blueprint, which calls for the creation of a single market and production base for food, agriculture, forestry; and integration of the region into the global economy.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Summary
- Theme 1: Improving Food Safety and Quality
- Chapter 2: Harmonizing Food Safety Systems and Increasing Market Access in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Chapter 3: Increasing the Safety and Quality of Food Products from the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Chapter 4: Supporting Food Safety: Participatory Guarantee Systems—Issues to Be Considered for Up-Scaling in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Theme 2: Inclusive and Sustainable, Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products
- Chapter 5: Green Water Management and Nitrogen Use Efficiency in the Greater Mekong Subregion—Promoting Synergy between Sustainable Agriculture and Food Safety
- Chapter 6: Soil Mapping and Identification of Potential Biochar Hot Spots and Pilot Sites in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Chapter 7: Enhancing Rice Production and Lowering Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Recycling Crop Residues as Fertilizer
- Theme 3: Toward Value Chains for Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products
- Chapter 8: A Natural Rice Supplier: Case Studies of Reduced-Input Rice Value Chains in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Chapter 9: Tracing Cross-Border Cattle and Buffalo Movement from the Lao People’s Democratic Republic and Myanmar to the People’s Republic of China and Assessing Associated Foot and Mouth Disease Risk
- Chapter 10: Geographical Indications and Inclusive, Safe, and Sustainable Food Supply in the Greater Mekong Subregion