Futures Thinking in Asia and the Pacific: Why Foresight Matters for Policy Makers
This handbook shows how the Asian Development Bank (ADB) piloted futures thinking and foresight to understand entry points to support transformational change and ﬁnance the future of Asia and the Paciﬁc.
Futures thinking and foresight is a powerful planning approach that can help the region meet economic, political, social, and environmental and climate change challenges. The publication compiles lessons from an ADB initiative to apply futures and foresight tools in Armenia, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, the People’s Republic of China, the Philippines, and Timor-Leste. Futures terminology is introduced as well as specific tools such as emerging issues analysis, scenario planning, and backcasting.
- Beyond Prediction
- Futures Thinking and Foresight: Glossary
- Tools of Futures Thinking and Foresight
- How Futures Thinking and Foresight Support Development
- Strategy 2030: Applying Causal Layered Analysis to Asia and the Pacific
- Exploring Myriad Futures through Workshops
- Foresight: "A Luxury the Developing World Cannot Afford"?