Gender Equality Results in ADB Projects: Mongolia Country Report
Rapid gender assessments of 12 projects in four countries were undertaken as part of the Asian Development Bank's commitment to improving aid effectiveness. The assessment of three loans in Mongolia found that positive gender equality results were achieved due to the implementation of a gender action plan in one project and a gender mainstreaming approach in another. Comparing approaches between the three projects demonstrated that paying attention to gender differences during design and implementation produced better results for women, enhanced the quality of project implementation, and contributed directly to achieving loan outcomes and improved project effectiveness.
This report discusses the gender equality results achieved for each project, summarizes factors that enhanced the quality of project design and implementation, and makes recommendations to maximize gender equity as a driver of change.
- Executive Summary
- Second Health Sector Development Project
- Technical Assistance in the Regional Road Development Project: Awareness and Prevention of HIV/AIDS and Human Trafficking
- Social Security Sector Development Program
- Findings, Issues, and Conclusions
- Appendix: List of Persons Visited and Interviewed