Gender Equality Results Case Study: India – Infrastructure Development Investment Program for Tourism in Himachal Pradesh and Punjab
This case study examines the gender aspects of the Infrastructure Development Investment Program for Tourism in Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
The program has contributed to economic growth, and provides evidence of the capacity of gender-responsive tourism development to promote community participation in tourism and enhance the status of women. This report looks at results in three areas: human capital and economic empowerment, the creation of spaces for women’s voices to be heard, and the promotion of equal rights. The case study affirms that a gender-inclusive design, coupled with effective implementation, gives women and men equal access to project benefits.
- Executive Summary
- Project Aims and Expected Outcomes
- Opportunities and Challenges of Gender-Inclusive Tourism Development
- Practical Approaches to Gender-Inclusive Tourism Development
- Gender Equality Results: Key Achievements
- Project Features Contributing to the Achievement of Gender Equality Results
- Lessons and Ways Forward