Gender Equality Results Case Study: India – Rural Connectivity Investment Program
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication presents stories that showcase how improved connectivity has transformed lives—especially of women and girls—in rural communities of India.
It presents the contributions of the Asian Development Bank’s Rural Connectivity Investment Program (RCIP) in five states: Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and West Bengal. Enhanced connectivity has improved the quality of life in the five RCIP states and contributed to a range of socioeconomic benefits for the rural communities served. It has also helped advance development goals intrinsic to sustainable and inclusive growth.
- Project Scope and Development Impacts
- Gender Equality Issues in Rural Roads
- Gender Equality Design Features and Approaches
- Gender Equality Results: Project Achievements
- Lessons Learned and Way Forward: Conclusion and Recommendations
Also in this Series
- Gender Equality Results Case Study: India – Infrastructure Development Investment Program for Tourism in Himachal Pradesh and Punjab
- Gender Equality Results Case Study: India - Enhancing Energy-Based Livelihoods for Women Micro-Entrepreneurs
- Gender Equality Results Case Study: Nepal – Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women Project