Gender Equality Results Case Study: India - Urban Water Supply and Environmental Improvement Project
The Urban Water Supply and Environmental Improvement Project sought to provide basic services of water supply, sanitation, and garbage collection and disposal in four cities in Madhya Pradesh, India.
Over 5.6 million people benefited from improved water supply, while half a million people benefited from an improved wastewater management system and 4.7 million people benefited from an improved solid waste management system. These changes positively impacted the lives of the local community, in particular women and girls, who are primarily responsible for water management.
- Main Aims and Approaches of the Project
- Key Gender Equality Issues Related to the Aims of the Project
- Project Plan to Involve Women and Address Gender Disparities
- Project Achievements
- Other Gender Equality Results and Achievements
- Project Features that Contributed to the Achievement of Gender Equality Results