Gender Equality and the Sustainable Development Goals in Asia and the Pacific: Baseline and Pathways for Transformative Change by 2030
Publication | October 2018
This publication provides the first Sustainable Development Goal assessment of the situation of women and girls in Asia and the Pacific based on data from official sources.
Download(Free : 3 available)
The report establishes a baseline for governments and policy makers to monitor and accelerate progress towards gender equality commitments in the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs). It identifies data gaps and underscores the necessity of heightened urgency to improve production and use of gender statistics for evidence-based SDG localization. It also provides valuable insight into key catalysts and policy recommendations to assist countries to achieve gender equality by 2030.
- Executive Summary
- Part I: Gender Equality and the Sustainable Development Goals: Where Do We Stand in Asia and the Pacific?
- Chapter 1: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - An opportunity for transformative change for women and girls
- Chapter 2: Setting the Baseline for Gender Equality in the Sustainable Development Goals for Asia and the Pacific
- Part II: Key Catalysts for Progress Towards the Advancement of Gender Equality and Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- Chapter 3: Realizing sexual and reproductive health and rights as a catalyst for achieving sustainable development
- Chapter 4: Recognizing, reducing and redistributing unpaid care and domestic work for inclusive growth and sustainable development
- Chapter 5: Eliminating violence against women and girls as a cross-cutting priority for sustainable development
- Chapter 6: Empowering women to build climate resilience and reduce disaster risks for sustainable development
- Part III: Key Pathways and Policy Actions for Transformative Change
- Chapter 7: Turning commitments into results - Action plan to accelerate progress on gender equality and sustainable development
- Annex 1: Note to Statistical Tables
- Annex 2: Statistical Tables